One of the biggest challenges facing distributor and suppliers today is an aging workforce and the need to develop up-and-coming talent so they will be ready to take the reins when called upon. NAFCD and NBMDA are here to help.
Our transition to a virtual experience this fall is an ideal opportunity to engage those that you have defined as “emerging leaders” within your firm. Over the course of two days, we are offering customized learning designed specifically for career-oriented distribution professionals who are rapidly taking on new responsibility and are being groomed as future leaders within their firms. These individuals are looking to grow and expand their distribution careers.
What Will the Program Look Like? Learn More
The 2020 program will cover sales, marketing, economics and general leadership development techniques and skills. The sessions will help emerging professionals begin to take a big picture look at the dynamics shaping the distribution landscape along with their influence within their environment.
- This conference is relative to both those working within distribution firms as well as suppliers wanting to grow their understanding of the distribution channel.
- Already have an internal “Emerging Leaders” program? Great – this program is an ideal compliment to what you are already offering.
- Don’t have an internal “Emerging Leaders” program but know you need to develop one? This event can get you started!
- NAFCD and NBMDA plan to launch a formal Emerging Leaders Program in 2021. Our 2020 virtual experience is an opportunity to begin connecting this audience now with an opportunity to formalize the network next year.
Who Is an Emerging Distribution Leader? Learn More
An Emerging Distribution Leader is any employee of a distributor or supplier member who has been recognized as having the talent and potential to advance to the executive level of the organization. Sometimes, as in the cases of family-owned companies, this is the next generation owner. Other times this is a non-family, high-potential individual who is working their way to the top.
Why Engage Your Top Managers in the Emerging Distribution Leaders Conference? Learn More
- Develop their distribution management skill set
- Connect to peers and the opportunity to build lifelong professional relationships
- Gain an understanding of the nuances of our unique channel
- Position them as a next generation leader within your company and the industry
- Expose them to the host associations and their value propositions as career enhancing resources
Director of Speaking Services at ITR Economics
Looking Past the Fear and the Noise: 2020-2022
Never has it been more critical for company leaders and key decision makers to have a clear, impartial, and data-driven perspective of how factors such as COVID-19 and oil price volatility will impact our economic future, and what they should be thinking about in preparation for that future. ITR Economics will help you see what the future holds as you move through the depths of this black swan period and seek the resumption of something approaching normal.
- Examine the probable timeline for when the economy can move past the COVID-19 and the oil price black swan events.
- Present the outlook for the market segments most important to your industry.
- Provide practical and actionable business insights based on the economic environment.
Meet Alex Chausovsky
Alex regularly delivers keynote addresses at leading industry events to rave reviews. His charisma, engaging personality and refreshing demeanor on stage always surpass the audience’s expectations. His extensive consulting expertise is greatly valued by management teams of companies both large and small. ITR Economics’ clients rely on his input when developing strategic plans for the future, as he helps them plan for risk conditions and find areas of opportunity.
Alex is currently responsible for providing reliable industry and company forecasts, presentations, webinars, and economic consulting services for small businesses, trade associations, and Fortune 500 companies across a spectrum of industries. In his prior role, Alex led a group of analysts covering the industrial manufacturing domain. He was also the lead analyst for 3D printing at a major international firm.
CEO, Evangelist Marketing Institute, LLC.
The Power of System in Sales Growth: Why Predictable Sales Growth Depends On Your Selling System
Join Wall Street Journal bestselling author Alex Goldfayn for this powerful session on the importance of having a selling system. Alex will take you through two simple planners, and two trackers on which his newest bestseller, 5-Minute Selling, is build around. The approach is to (1) quickly plan, (2) quickly do, and (3) quickly track. Alex will also go through simple ways you can increase sales with existing customers, and develop new ones. Alex’s client organizations add 10-20% additional new sales annually from his approaches, and he will cover them with you on this session.
Meet Alex Goldfayn
Alex is among the top-rated and most requested sales speakers in the world, motivating sales teams, managers, executives and owners to take simple action which will grow their business. Alex delivers more than 50 keynotes speeches and workshops on sales growth per year.
Founder and CEO of SBR Worldwide/Know More
The Evolution of Sales: Web Search Secrets to Find The Right Leads, At the Right Time, With the Right Message
It's amazing that in today's information world, the key metric that many organizations still use to judge sales activity is the number of calls made. Sure, you can open up the phone book or purchase a lead list and start with "A" and end with "Z" and mathematically, someone will buy. Or, you can leverage sales intelligence to locate the right prospects, at the right time, with the right message and dramatically decrease close times, and increase margins. In this dynamic program, you will discover.
- How to generate opportunities using sales trigger events and powerful introductions, so you're calling on the prospects who most likely need your product or solution, right now.
- How to use search engines, social media, and the Invisible Web as powerful sales and competitive "intelligence agents," ensuring you align your value proposition to what prospects care about.
- How to leverage information to make a great impression, ensure relevancy, gain permission to ask challenging questions, and provide ongoing value to both prospects and clients.
- How information truly is power, allowing you to get past gate keepers, clearly differentiate from the competition, negotiate on value instead of price, and bottom line: win more business.
This new way of thinking – this sales evolution – will completely change the way you find and call on new opportunities. And it's proven to work in any economic environment. This high energy, motivating, jaw-dropping, incredibly high content presentation delivers practical, proven strategies and tactics organizations can immediately implement to dramatically improve sales performance.
Don't Steal the Cheesecake: How Your Digital Reputation Defines Your Personal Brand, and Shapes Your Company Brand
In today's "everything is online" world, people pass judgement and form opinions about you before ever even meeting. What you post online, text, leave as a voicemail, say or do in front of a public camera, and even email is not limited to private networks. Rather, there's a good chance that what you do in a digital format is public, searchable, and archived, FOREVER! Meaning everything you do online impacts your personal brand, and even your company brand. In "Don't Steal the Cheesecake" you will learn...
- The difference between your character, reputation, personal brand, and company brand, how they are all intertwined, and how they impact your career, relationships, and your company.
- The dangers of sharing too much information, what can happen if you're not careful, and how to respond in a digital format when you're angry, so you don't become a negative "Viral Sensation."
- The "Five Laws of Digital Reputation Management" along with simple, common sense ideas that will align your character and reputation, ensuring consistency across your personal brand.
- Inside secrets on how to manage your digital presence (for non-technical people) so when others search for information on you, there is some control on what they find.
This thought provoking, super entertaining, and somewhat scary program will provide you with very practical and easy-to-implement strategies that will help you avoid personal and company embarrassment, manage your reputation, and enhance your personal brand.
Meet Sam Richter
Sam Richter is an award-winning speaker and bestselling author and is considered one of the world’s top experts on sales intelligence and digital reputation management. He has been named one of the world’s Top 25 Most Influential Sales Leaders and through his Know More keynote presentations and online programs, Sam has trained leading organizations and entertained tens of thousands of persons around the globe. Sam’s proven techniques for leveraging online information to grow sales has directly resulted in millions of dollars of new business for his clients and program attendees. Sam has been featured in thousands of newspaper, magazines, online publications, and television and radio programs. He has won numerous awards including a Gold Award at the International Film Festival and a Codie Award, the Oscars of the software industry. He is a partner in – and serves on the boards of directors of – numerous technology firms. Sam is a past finalist for Inc. Magazine Entrepreneur of the Year and a member of the Minnesota Speaker’s Hall of Fame.!